Aromatherapy Massage Diploma Course
We run our Level 4 Diploma course at a venue near Eastwood, Nottinghamshire and you will also have access to a tutor that is available for support and advice throughout the duration of the course.
On the course, students will learn to:
- Safely make therapeutic blends using 60 individual essential oils and 30 fixed/carrier oils
- Deliver an Aromatherapy full body massage treatment lasting for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Understand the benefits and contraindications to Aromatherapy Massage, including the hazards and toxicity of essential oils
- Understand the chemistry of both aromatic and carrier/vegetable oils
- Understand the history and origins of Aromatherapy Massage
- Understand how the oils are absorbed by the body and how the sense of smell works
- Appreciate how aromatic plants are cultivated, how essential oils are extracted and how they can subsequently be adulterated
- Understand the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and therapeutic properties of both essential oils and carrier oils
- Understand the botany and botanical origins of aromatic plants, including their botanical Latin species and family names
- Understand the latest research into the effectiveness of both Aromatherapy and Massage
- How to apply essential oils using methods other than massage
- Undertake 60 case study treatments
- Undertake homework in your own time - including assignments, case studies (as above), a Research Project based on existing clinical research, ie you do not need to conduct your own research trial, a Business Plan and a Reflective Journal. Estimated home study time is 430 hours over the duration of the course.
- Learn how to set up and run a successful business.
After successful completion of the IFA Aromatherapy Massage Diploma with Rosewood College, you will:
- Be a fully qualified Aromatherapist to Level 4 standard
- Be entitled to full membership of the IFA, together with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and;
- As a graduate of Rosewood College and member of the IFA, be entitled to use the initials GRWC (Aroma) and MIFA after your name.
The total cost of the course is £2,300 payable in installments prior to each lesson booked, ie £121 per lesson